IT’S TIME TO COME HOME
So many Indigenous people have lost access to our shared culture and traditions. By learning to make your own Regalia and join the powwow circle, you can reconnect to your culture, yourself and others in our community. You belong here.
This course is for you if:
- You are an Indigenous person looking to make their own Regalia
- You are a survivor or descendant of survivors of I.R.S. and the 60’s Scoop
- You are ready to reconnect with a culture that was taken from you
- You recognize the wisdom and healing our culture holds
- You’re looking for a group of like-minded Indigenous people who are on the same journey as you
- You’re ready to feel strong, proud and beautiful in your custom made Jingle Dress
- You want to learn more about powwow culture but aren’t sure where to begin
What this Course Includes:
Your purchase includes the following:
- Your Jingle Dress pattern (mailed to you)
- Video instruction on designing, cutting and sewing your dress
- Monthly sewing circles for community building
- Access to the Facebook group so you can ask questions and receive extra support
*Sewing machines, fabric and notions (zippers, scissors, thread, pins, needles, etc.) not included.
When you purchase a virtual Regalia-making course, you’ll also get this *BONUS*:
- Learn how to make your own leggings
- Learn how to make your own moccasins
- Learn how to make a cape for your Jingle Dress
Meet Your Teacher
I'm Deanne Hupfield: speaker, educator and course teacher. After 20 years teaching thousands of students how to make Regalia and dance powwow, I've created a series of online courses for you! I know what it's like to want to learn more and participate in my culture. The problem was I never had anyone to show me – my mom was a survivor of the 60's Scoop. I've been in love with Indigenous regalia for so long that I went to fashion school so I could learn how to make it myself.
The first time I danced powwow while wearing my Regalia it felt like I had finally come home. I'm so excited to teach you how to make your own Regalia so you can experience this too.
It’s Not Your Fault That You Don’t Know These Cultural Traditions
Finding yourself here is no accident. You deserve step-by-step guidance to help you come home to the culture that was taken from you.
A Glimpse Into Your Future:
- Dancing in a powwow circle
- Wearing a beautiful Jingle dress
- Feeling more connected to your culture
- Feeling a sense of community with other dancers
- Custom, perfect fitting Regalia to feel beautiful in
- Fully integrating your past and present
Create Soulful Connections:
-Join a community of other learners interested in connecting with their culture
- Feel supported throughout the learning process
- Gain access to a monthly sewing circle and build a relationship with other Indigenous people
- Learn from an Indigenous woman with over 20 years of experience
Learn How To Make Your Own Regalia and Avoid:
- Having to find someone to make it for you
- Overpaying for Regalia
- Missing the chance to customize your Regalia to your exact specifications
So much of the fashion industry isn’t made for Indigenous bodies. You deserve Indigenous clothing that fits your body and personality perfectly.
This Regalia Making Course Has Everything You Need:
- Clear video instruction
- Easy-to-use patterns
- Pattern available between junior girls size 7/8-15/16 or adult xs-4xl
- Step-by-step instructions
- Teachings rooted in Anishinaabe culture
- Understanding of how to make and use your Regalia for spiritual healing
- Time to learn - take up to one year to complete the course
- Space to make mistakes and develop new skills
*New - Monthly Sewing Circles- First Monday of each month
*New - Access to our private Facebook Group of other Indigenous people who are making their Regalia
*New - Powwow Protocol teachings
Here's How It Works
I've made it really easy for you to get started no matter what level of experience you have with sewing.
After you purchase the course, I will mail you the pattern. It should arrive within 2 weeks (or 4-6 for international orders)
I’ll walk you through making a practice dress using whatever material you have on hand
Once you’ve finalized your design, you are ready to make your Regalia come to life!
Here's the list of modules we'll cover in your course:
1. Designing and pattern fundamentals
2. Sewing machine basics and muslin sample construction *with zipper extension*
3. Muslin sample construction *no zipper extension*
4. Designing for full scale
5. Fabric considerations and jingle tab preparation
6. Sewing your Jingle Dress good copy
7. NEW- How to adapt your dress pattern for a sewed in underskirt
8. NEW- Leggings, moccasins and cape pattern downloads
Can a non-Indigenous person buy this course?
I please ask that non-Indigenous people do not purchase my course for personal use or teaching purposes. If you are a non-Indigenous person, you can support my work and other Indigenous people by donating my courses to Indigenous people. Please contact me if you would like to donate a course.
What if I don't have a sewing machine?
Do you have children’s sizes?
How long do I have access to the course?
What is your size range for patterns?
How can I learn more about powwow culture?
Powwow culture was a safe, healing way for me to begin accessing my culture growing up. I'd highly recommend it as a starting point for you too! You can learn more about powwow culture: